你昨晚睡得好嗎?12個與睡眠有關的英文語句

baby-1151351_640

編輯/霍楚昀

每個人都需要睡眠,讓身體得到充分的休息後,才有能量繼續生活。睡眠的狀況也與你的身體健康息息相關。但睡眠也有很多種不同的狀態,該如何精準地表達呢?

Let’s talk的英文老師列舉出12個與睡眠有關的語句,當別人問及你時,便能夠更清楚地描述睡眠的型態。

1. Go to Bed

這表示一個上床睡覺的動作。

Example – Last night I went to bed at 9pm.

2. Fall asleep

指入睡,即閉上眼睛後,從清醒到睡著的過程。

Example – I’m so tired I could fall asleep right now.

3. To take a nap/ Siesta

打個盹/午睡。打盹是指在白天小睡片刻、稍作休息。

Example – I feel so tired this afternoon, I think I will take a nap.

4. A heavy sleeper

睡得很熟,有些人睡著後很容易就進入深層睡眠,不會被任何噪音干擾。

Example – My husband is a heavy sleeper even the loud siren didn’t wake him up last night.

5. Light sleeper

淺眠,有些人則是很容易睡到一半就醒來。

Example – My husband is a light sleeper even the loud siren didn’t wake him up last night.

6. Sleeps like a baby

睡得像個嬰兒,指睡得很香甜。

Example – After a glass of wine I slept like a baby.

7. Tossing and turning

輾轉反側,指翻來覆去睡得不太好。

Example – I didn’t get a wink of sleep; I was tossing and turning all night.

8. Snoring

打鼾。

Example – I could not sleep because of your loud snoring.

9. Insomnia

失眠。

Example – I have to go see a doctor; I think I am suffering from Insomnia.

10. To get up / wake up at the crack of dawn

要在清晨時醒來、是指非常早起。

Example – We had a morning flight to catch so we woke up at the crack of dawn.

11. Sleep in

是指睡得較晚的意思。

Example – On weekends I usually sleep in till late afternoon.

12. To crawl back in bed

爬回床上,指的是睡回籠覺。

Example – This morning I skipped work and crawled back in bed.

 

圖片來源:Pixabay