實用英文──“Speak”和“Talk”的差別

(圖片來源:StockSnap)

編輯/邱雅雯

“Speak”和“Talk”這兩個字的中文意思都是「說」,而且也很常用到。到底這兩個字分別要用在甚麼時候呢?Let’s Talk的Tash老師就來教大家如何正確地使用這兩個字!

1. Speak

-speak to someone 和某人說話
“Emily spoke to Mr. Banks about his account.”
「Emily向Banks先生提到關於他的戶頭的事。」

-speak a language 說一個語言
“I can speak English and I am learning Spanish.”
「我會說英文而且我正在學西班牙文。」

-speak for someone 替某人發言/發聲
“I’ll definitely speak for you in the court.”
「我一定在法庭上替你發聲。」

-speak up 開始說
“Can you not keep quiet and can you speak up?”
「你可以不要再保持沉默,可以說些甚麼嗎?」

-speak your mind 說出心裡的話
“She spoke her mind about yesterday’s meeting.”
「她對昨天的會議說出了心裡話。」

-speak volumes 不言而喻
“Her messy house and her kids speak volumes about what kind of mother she is.”
「她是怎樣的母親可以從她髒亂的房子和她的小孩看出。」

2. Talk

-talk back 回話
“My sister is always talking back to my mom.”
「我妹妹總是跟媽媽頂嘴。」

-talk down to someone 傲視某人
“The manager at the restaurant always talks down to the kitchen staff.”
「那個餐廳經理總是用高傲的口氣跟廚師們講話。」

-talk things over 把話說開
“Can I have a minute, can we talk things over?”
「可以給我一分鐘的時間,讓我們把事情說開嗎?」

-talk big 說大話
“Mr. Adam likes to talk big.”
「Adam先生很喜歡講大話。」

-talk tough 撂狠話(不過那個人可能內心是很善良的)
“My teacher always talked tough but she is a sweetheart.”
「我的老師常常給我們下馬威,但是她人很好。」

-talk nonsense 胡說八道
“My little brother always talks nonsense.”
「我弟弟總是胡說八道。」