「愛屋及烏」、「積習難改」..英文怎麼說?與狗狗有關的汪汪英文成語

beagle-puppy-2681_640

If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas
近朱者赤,近墨者黑(如果你跟狗狗躺在一起,起來後就會惹來跳蚤)

You will acquire the faults of bad people if you associate with them.
如果你跟壞人牽扯在一起,就會染上他們的惡習。

Steven’s father warned Steven to stay away from the older group of rough- looking teenagers by saying, “If you lie down with dogs, you will get up with fleas.”
史蒂芬的爸爸為了警告他遠離那群看似不良的年長青少年,因此對他說:「近朱者赤,近墨者黑。」

in the doghouse 招災惹禍(在狗屋裡)

in trouble. 惹上麻煩。

Tom was in the doghouse with his wife after drinking with his friends and returning home at 3:oo am.
湯姆跟朋友喝酒喝到凌晨三點才回家,因此惹惱了老婆大人。

It’s a dog eat dog world 這是個同類相殘(狗咬狗)的世界

It’s a vicious cruel world. 這是個凶險殘酷的世界。

Before leaving home, Darren’s father told him, “It’s a dog eat dog world, so be careful.”
戴倫的父親在他離家前對他說:「你要小心點,這是個狗咬狗的世界。」

Love me, love my dog 愛屋及烏(愛我,也愛要我的狗狗)

If you love someone, you should accept everything about that person, including their faults.
如果你愛某人,就應該接受那個人的一切,包括他的缺點。

When Joe asked Karen to marry him, she responded by saying, “Love me, love my dog.”
阿喬向凱倫求婚時,她回答:「你要愛屋及烏。」

You can’t teach an old dog new tricks 積習難改(老狗學不了新把戲)

It is very difficult to teach new skills or change longstanding habits or character traits in people. 要教會人們新技巧,或令他們改變積習或人格特質是非常困難的。

I tried to show my father how to use the computer, but you can’t teach an old dog new tricks.
我試著向老爸示範如何用電腦,但老狗總是學不會新把戲。

文章摘自《狗狗遛英文

(本文獲EZTALK編輯部授權轉載)

photo credit:PublicDomainPictures

除了上面文章內容,你還可以參考下方更多相關英文教學。

更多英文片語

如果你喜歡學習各種英文文法、英文片語、口語英文、英文單字等等,歡迎追蹤全民學英文的 FB 粉絲專頁Instagram,以及Line 官方帳號

加入好友