I grow in Taiwan是錯的!學自我介紹讓大家驚豔吧!

kid-1241817_6401111

編輯/偕詩敏

要如何從自我介紹就讓外國人被你的英語能力嚇得跌破眼鏡?I grow in Taiwan這句其實就像在說你是植物一樣在台灣生長。來看看Ronnie在《engVid》中要向你分享的自我介紹和懷孕的說法!

1. 懷孕

To be pregnant 懷孕
I am pregnant. 我懷孕了

One in the oven 懷孕
Bun in the oven 懷孕

 

She got one in the oven.
她懷孕了。

I got a bun in the oven.
我懷孕了。

2. 敘述小時候

In my childhood / During my childhood 在我童年時

Raise 撫養
Bring up 撫養

When I was a child.
在我還小的時候…

I was born in Canada.
我在加拿大出生。

I was raised by my grandmother.
我奶奶撫養我長大。

My mother brought me up.
我媽媽撫養我長大。

I was brought up in Toronto.
我在多倫多長大。

3. 長大

I grew in Japan. 或是 I grow in Japan.   其實不對的
這兩句只適合形容植物生長。Plants are grown but we are not! 植物生長,人類不會生長!

所以你可以改成 I grew up in Japan. 我在日本長大

 

 

圖片來源:dagon_