Because + 主詞(subject) + 動詞(verb)
Ex: Because it was raining, we cancelled the picnic. 因為外面在下雨，我們把野餐取消了。
Ex: Because the flight was delayed, they missed the meeting.
2. Because of 是介係詞(preposition)
Because of + 名詞(noun) / 名詞短語 (noun phrase)
Ex: Because of the rain, we cancelled the picnic.
Ex: Because of the flight delay, they missed the meeting.
(1) ________ she was busy, she didn’t call me.
(2) ________ the traffic jam, they were late.
(3) ________ he had the flu, he couldn’t work.
(4) ________ the distance, they took a taxi.
(5) We visited John ________ he was in the hospital.
(6) I couldn’t concentrate ________ the noise.
(7) She was hungry ________ she hadn’t eaten all day.
(8) We changed the appointment ________ the storm.
(2) Because of
(4) Because of
(6) because of
(8) because of