「生氣、惱怒、氣炸」英文怎麼說?表達「生氣」的進階英文片語!

(圖片來源:asommerh)

編輯/蕭譯婷

當有人把你激怒,或是讓你感到不耐煩時,除了「annoyed」與「angry」之外,還有哪些英文形容詞或英文片語可以形容呢?

English With Lucy的講師Lucy便提出了十個常見且實用的片語動詞(phrasal verbs)與形容詞(adjective)來表達生氣或惱怒之意,以增加你的字彙量喔!

1. to piss (somebody) off 氣炸了

e.g. I felt really pissed off when I saw somebody had scratched my car.  當我看到有人刮傷我的車,我簡直氣炸了。

2. to rile (somebody) up 激怒某人

e.g. Somebody has been picking on me for a while and they’re really riling me up.  有些人不斷地找我碴,他們真的把我惹毛了。

3. to be livid / fuming / seething 勃然大怒的

4. to be irked / miffed 惱怒的(程度較輕微)

5. to rub (somebody) (up) the wrong way 冒犯到某人

e.g. That really rubbed me up the wrong way. = That really annoyed me.  這件事情真的惹到我了。

6. To be at the end of one’s tether 即將失去耐性

e.g. I’m at the end of my tether. = I almost lose my temper.
我已經快要無法抑制我的怒氣了。

7. the last straw 壓垮駱駝的最後一根稻草

e.g. I had a terrible day, but my running training being cancelled was the last straw.  我這一天過得很糟糕,但跑步訓練被取消成為了「壓垮駱駝的最後一根稻草」。

8. lose your temper 發火

9. lose your rag 暴怒

10. fly off the handle 發脾氣